I'd be lying if I said I never lied

My photo
United States
So how y'all doing? My name's Cassidy and the gentleman you see in my picture is Sam. I like cats and music a lot and oh I play the ukulele, piano, and other shtuff. Have a nice day :)

Those other things that you can see

Friday, December 17, 2010

Snow's falling into the sky

Snow.
It makes a crunchy sound when you step on it.
It looks like tears when it lands on your face.
It's really just frozen water but there's something more.
To me.
It looks like angels crying down from heaven.
It feels like little fluffy teardrops on your hand.
It seems like the world just might collapse from the beauty
Of a whirlwind.
I've always put my head on its side.
I look at the world upside-down.
Sometimes I find myself doing this
When I don't even know.
When you do that when it snows,
You have no idea how miraculous it is,
It looks like snow's falling into the sky.
Me.
Can you see
What I'm really like just by looking at me.
Can you tell what kind of things I'm thinking
Or what things I'd rather be doing.
Probably not.
But I wish I could see you and know you in person.
I'd like to meet you someday, but for now,
I'll just write meaningless words on your screen.
That's it.
That's what I'll do.
A stupid, childish poem will have to do.
Because I love you.
And I want to show you
What I want you to see.
Because I'm not like
Anyone you've ever met before.
And sometimes my world
Looks like snow falling into the sky.
Does anyone else see themselves reading this
And in your head,
It comes out as a song?
Like "the time of my life?"
Because that's what I'm hearing,
Now that I think about it.
Some songs are insane.
Some songs don't even make sense.
But some songs, very rare songs,
Are amazing and impossible,
Like snow falling into the sky.

Omigosh, where did that come from? I'm usually not that attentive! That was so cool; it's like a sudden spark of poetry just hit my brain! Woah. I wonder if I could do that again...tell me if you thought that was good. I might be able to do more of that! Who knows? Maybe I CAN be serious from time-to-time!

(For you first-time readers, I'm really very goofy and funny, I guess today the part of my brain that controls humor is taking a snow day and giving over to the creative, more patient, more attentive part of my brain. Funny, I didn't think I had a part that did that...)

<3 and snow-covered chocolate-filled happy holidays,

Cassidy the Monisa

7 comments:

Melanie♥♥♥ said...

Aww that was so cute! So unlike you Cass :) Haha. And it doesn't bother me that you write in all lowercase at all!

Abby. said...

Haa, that's the funny thing about me. I love ALLL of the new stuff, but I also love 70's and 80's rock. And I loooveee the Beatles; I've got 3 posters of them in my room. :) I like pretty much everything besides country-YUCK!

xx,
~Abby~

Marg said...

This is a really cool post!! Great job!!

Loulou said...

WOW!!! Somebody needs to become a poet!!! WHY ARE YOU SOO COOL!!! And BTW I love the all lowercase thing and the new blog!

Brooke said...

I loved that!(:

Aoife. said...

Aw, that was really lovely, you should definitely do more poems!! (:

Kristy said...

I feel the same way. I just want to scream that entire poem out to someone I know. . .