I'd be lying if I said I never lied

My photo
United States
So how y'all doing? My name's Cassidy and the gentleman you see in my picture is Sam. I like cats and music a lot and oh I play the ukulele, piano, and other shtuff. Have a nice day :)

Those other things that you can see

Friday, June 26, 2009

Cat got your tongue?


Why do people use such weird expressions? Example~ "Cat got your tongue?" "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" "As easy as taking candy from a baby" "You can't have your cake and eat it too" "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" I could go on forever! These are just a few pointless sayings that I hear. But here's the thing: These don't make any sense. Watch:


Cat got your tongue? : What? How would my cat get my tongue? Would he rip it out without me knowing? Then how could I answer? What am I supposed to answer? Yes?


A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush: Why do you want a bird in your hand? It would fly away! Birds go in trees, not bushes! Who wrote that?


As easy as taking candy from a baby: Who would be cruel enough to take candy from a baby? The baby would cry and make a fuss and crawl after you. Call that easy?


You can't have your cake and eat it too: Who said? This makes sense, but why are we talking about cake at 10:23 in the morning? It just makes me hungry.


An apple a day keeps the doctor away: You're gonna need more then a little apple! What about if you get cancer? What if you break your neck? What if you catch swine flu or poison sumac or something? You can't cure them apples with apples. Ha ha! See what I did there?



Whoops! I almost forgot! Tornadoes game went great the other night, even though we lost. We ran into some of my dad's friends there. I found a new Mandy Meh! " Popcorn, EEYYYYUUUP!"

No comments: