I'd be lying if I said I never lied

My photo
United States
So how y'all doing? My name's Cassidy and the gentleman you see in my picture is Sam. I like cats and music a lot and oh I play the ukulele, piano, and other shtuff. Have a nice day :)

Those other things that you can see

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Tryin to call home

tonight me and sam went swimming for a while, went to mcdonalds, and then watched a movie at youth group. we ate popcorn and melty candy and shared and almost fell asleep a couple of times, he talked through it, i tried not to cry. then we drove home to the sweet soundtrack of my dad talking about golf courses and big wheels and ice cream and how he never takes me anywhere.

i love sam. i really do. not in a mushy gooshy ew kind of way. in a brother-sister love, a bit like twins except we're not related. we were twins for twin day at school. but we're extremely close. he's been to family events. he's been there every time something happens and now we're both leaving each other because he's transferring schools.

it's kind of sad, really. but we'll still talk and call and he still promised he'd teach me how to skateboard. a while ago. and he keeps stuff in my purse and i kept things in his hair and we'd copy each others homework. and tonight, he's wearing a pair of my shorts (like i haven't worn his sweaters enough) and i like to think that our frienship has always been comfy-cozy and bubblegum flavored, just like tonight, laughing and freaking out the girl at mcdonalds. i like to think we've got our own playlist. tell me a lie by one direction, fifteen by taylor swift, and telephone by lady gaga are pretty much our songs, but payphone's the top.
"If happy ever after did exist, I would still be holding you like this. All those fairy tales are full of it. One more stupid love song, I'll be sick. You can't expect me to be fine, I don't expect you to care. I know I've said it before, but all of our bridges burned down."-Payphone by Maroon 5, clean version

No comments: